Underwater Construction Corporation (UCC)
UCC specializes in providing underwater services to a diverse customer base. With over 40 years of history behind us, we are one of the most experienced commercial diving contractors in the world.
UCC has the expertise, resources and flexibility to perform large turnkey projects or support small local tasks on a call-out basis. Our goal is to bring the highest degree of professionalism to every job. UCC ‘s customers include:
- Nuclear, fossil and hydroelectric power generation;
- Commercial marine shipping;
- Highway and transportation;
- Oil, gas and power transmission;
- Water utilities;
- Pulp and paper;
- Municipal, state and federal government;
- OEMs; and
- Industrial and manufacturing facilities.
UCC provides basic and specialty services under the general categories of inspection, maintenance, construction and technical support. You will find detailed information as it relates specifically to your industry as you browse our website.
UCC and its staff of over 200 divers, supervisors and project managers operate from three regional locations in Connecticut, Michigan and Tennessee. Our global network of offices and associates includes California, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China. UCC sets the standard in safety and innovation for commercial diving services. We maintain an enviable safety record and recognize that safety is a quality of life issue as well an economic imperative.
UCC is a company of firsts:
- the first nuclear dive;
- the first safety-related weld repair inside a nuclear reactor vessel;
- the first to develop and use hand-held underwater plasma arc cutting;
- the first dry-box tig weld repair; and
- the first major underwater rehab of a large marine aquarium.
UCC strives to provide innovative, high-quality, cost-effective services that are consistent with our commitment to the safety of our employees and those of our clients.